Regulation > Consultancy in Tariffs
Consultancy in the process of Periodic Tariff Review (PTR) of the Companies of Distribution of Electrical Energy.
The process of periodic tariff review understands the execution of a series of works and activities, which can be divided into two big sets/groups:
- ■ Tariff Level: Required revenue to cover the costs for the service market with the necessary quality and remunerate the concessionaire´s assets, propitiating the economic financial balance established in the concession contract.
- ■ Tariff Structure: Determination of the final tariffs applied for the consumers, including the TE – tariff of energy (captive market) and TUSD - tariff of use of the system (captive and free markets), according to their level of voltage and modality of supply.
With relation to the - Tariff Level, represented for the determination of the tariff repositioning and the X factor, Daimon provides technical , methodological and operational support for the following topics:
■ Organization of the revisional process, with the planning of all relevant activities, complete and detailed relation of all the data to be provided by the concessionaire and the corresponding delivery dates.
- ■ Advising to the Company at the public hearings, public consultations and technical meetings with the ANEEL, until the final result of the tariff review process.
- ■ AAnalysis of variables more relevant in the formation of the items of portion B in the tariff repositioning (operation and capital resources), the regulatory level of the technical and non technical losses, the X factor and the others receipts. The following activities are developed.
- ■ Critical evaluation of the report of the regulatory remuneration base, to be hired by the other company approved by ANEEL specifically for this purpose, with occasional suggestions for improvement and inconsistencies corrections.
- ■ Data preparation and pre-calculation of regulatory technical losses, according to methodology established by ANEEL.
- ■ Data preparation and pre-calculation of the non regulatory technical losses, according to methodology established by ANEEL, using history of losses of the company, regulatory levels admitted to the previous cycle and the comparison with other companies (benchmarking).
For the determination of the Tariff Structure, the following studies are developed:
- ■ CCharacterization of the load and the system, understand the evaluation of the typical behavior of the customers and the company systems, through the lifting by the load curves representatives of the universe of customers and networks.
- ■ The follow activities are development:
- - Evaluation of the market and the company system, for defining samples.
- - Calculation of the customers samples and transformation.
- - Monitoring of measures campaign and validation of measurements.
- - Analysis of measurements and determining the typology of the customers and networks in all voltage levels.
- - Elaboration of the simplified diagram of flow and power.
- - Preparation of the report of characterization of the load to be sent to ANEEL, including the files of the typologies to be sent in formats stipulated by the regulator organ.
- - Ownership research of equipment and habits of consumption.
- ■ FFrom the 3º CPTR (Cycle of Periodic Tariff Review), in alternating cycles, the Distributors must perform a PPH, for the various classes of customers. The following activities are developed:
- - Elaboration of PPH..
- - Receipt and validation of the questionnaires of PPH.
- - Compilation and analysis of PPH data.
- - Elaboration of reports with the results of PPH, to be sent to ANEEL, containing: tabulation of data, mounting of theoretical load curves, and comparison with the curves measured in the measurements campaign.
- ■ Tariff structures and reference and application tariff: Aims the determination of the apportionment of plots of required revenue (tariff level) between the voltage levels (vertical structure), and their distribution in each voltage level (horizontal structure – tariff modalities and relations tip / off tip). The following works are developed: - Calculation of average costs by voltage level.
- - Calculation of marginal capacity costs and tariffs reference.
- - Elaboration of tariff proposal: Evaluation of flexibility points of the tariff structure, established by ANEEL for the 3º CPTR, as relations tip-off tip in tariffs for demand, the load factor of a cross between blue and green tariffs and the relationships tip-off tip-intermediate in the white tariff for the low voltage customers.
Daimon developed a series of computational applications specialized for the development of the works of Tariff Review, briefly described below
- ■ Daimon Samples
- - Data analysis of consumption or demand of the last 12 months (or other available period), to classify customers in the established ranges in PRODIST for each customers class.
- - Calculation of samples, from the classification of customers in the consumer ranges (low voltage) or demand (medium voltage) of probable coefficients of variance (CV) and the maximum sampling error (R). For transformers, the classification is made by rated power ranges.
- Generation of sample lists, through random raffle of samples from customers and transformers, with raffle up to 6 reservations, for proximity logistical criterion address.
- ■ WWeb system of control and follow-up of Campaign Measurement.
- - System that allows sending lots of partial measurement files for analysis. The system checks the consistency (types of file, constant meter for public file, client identification, level of consumption and others) and content of the measurement (measurements set to zero, number of useful days, Saturdays and Sundays with complete measurement, estimate monthly consumption and demand).
- - On the web system of Daimon, the Company can track the progress of the measurements campaign, through information regarding compliance schedule, the amount of measurements sent, accepted and rejected files, variation coefficients and partial sampling errors calculated.
- Also is possible to follow the progress of the campaign through geographical maps (Google Maps), with status of holder or booking points.
- ■ Analysis and Characterization System of Load and Tariff Structure
- - Analysis and characterization software of the load curves and the system, and simulation of the tariff structure.
- - Management Module of Database and Selection of Load Curves.
- - Hierarchical Classification Module and definition of Typologies with parameters for groupings (Analysis of "clusters") and user option in the definition of typologies.
- Calculation Module of Costs and Capacity and Construction of the Reference Tariffs (Tariff Structure).
- ■ Daimon Tariffs
- - The computational application for the simulation of application of tariffs automates the process of composition of components of the tariff of use (TUSD) and energy tariff (ET) for all stations and existing tariff modalities in the distribution system, according to the procedures established by ANEEL for application in the 3º CPTR.
- - input data for processing the simulation of tariffs of the adjusted market for the test year (year held), capacity costs and aggregate demand by voltage level and the segregation of the revenue requirement.
- - o The Application of Computational Regulatory Losses automates the methodology established by Aneel for calculating the losses by segment of the distribution system for the 3º CPTR.
- - o Losses are calculated in the energy meters, branch lines, low voltage networks, distribution transformers, primary networks, substations and high voltage lines.
- - The software count with the following main functions:
- . Preparation and analysis of data consistency.
- . Simulation of regulatory technical losses.
- . Verification of energy balance and impact on results